Today I’m going to be sharing with you all my TBR for the N.E.W.T.S. I failed last year, but this year I WILL become a healer! I need to read a total of 10 books, but I am determined!
Before I get into this post, most of what I list are ARC’s of books that haven’t been published yet. I am very fortunate to have parents who support my decision to pursue an MLIS and am privileged to work at a library and be able to attend full librarian conferences which allow me to obtain these ARC’s.
Now to my TBR!
∴ Healer Requirements ∴
• E in Charms
• E in Defense Against the Dark Arts
• E in Herbology
• E in Potions
• E in Transfiguration
∴ Healer Prompts ∴
• Charms A: Read a book that you think has a gorgeous cover
→ The Dragon Republic by R. F. Kuang
• Charms E: Read a comic/graphic novel/manga (or book under 150 pages)
→ Mooncakes by Wendy Xu and Suzanne Walker
• Defense Against the Dark Arts A: Book that’s black under the dust jacket
→ Kingdom of Souls by Rena Barron
• Defense Against the Dark Arts E: Gilderoy’s memory charm – (grab a pen! first book that you remembered just now from your TBR!)
→ Serpent & Dove by Shelby Mahurin
• Herbology A: Mandrake! Quick, put your headphones on! Listen to an audiobook (if not – green cover)
→ Stormrise by Jillian Boehme
• Herbology E: Read a book between 350-390 pages
→ Beasts of the Frozen Sun by Jill Criswell
• Potions A: Pollyjuice potion: read your friend’s favorite book!
→ Nevernight by Jay Kristoff
• Potions E: House ingredient: book with a cover in your Hogwarts house color
→ American Royals by Katharine McGee
• Transfiguration A: Read a book with LQBTQA+ representation
→ There Will Come a Darkness by Katy Rose Pool
• Transfiguration E: Read a book that’s not a first in the series
→ Frankly in Love by David Yoon
∴ Extra TBR ∴
Are you joining the Magical Readathon? What books are you looking forward to reading this month? I’d love to hear from you!